This post originally appeared on startupnation.com/grow-your-business
On this week’s episode of StartupNation Radio, Jeff talks to three Detroit entrepreneurs: Brad Baxter and Jacob Zuppke of AutoPets and Doug Schwartz of Detroit Wick.
Tune in to the full StartupNation Radio show with Baxter, Zuppke and Schwartz to learn more about these Detroit entrepreneurs and how they’re thriving:
First up are AutoPets’ leaders: Baxter, CEO, and Zuppke, president and COO. AutoPets creates products to make the lives of pets and their owners easier, such as the Litter-Robot.
During the interview, Baxter and Zuppke discuss:
- How the idea for the company came to life
- How the company pivoted after losing money the first five years
- How AutoPets’ Litter-Robot works
- How they shifted AutoPets’ business model
- How they used actual cats for influencer marketing
Next up is Schwartz, founder of Detroit Wick and Trip Wipes. Detroit Wick is a sensory marketing agency that creates custom fragrances through candles, while Trip Wipes produces sustainable hand sanitizing wipes.
During the interview, Schwartz explains:
- Why he decided to start two companies
- How he found his way to the fragrance industry
- How his sales went from 100,000 to 13 million
- Why you should build your brand around passion, not money
- Keys to setting up your business for success
For more information on Detroit Wick, visit the official website, and follow on Facebook and Instagram. For more information on Trip Wipes, visit the official website, and follow on Facebook and Instagram.
We’ll be back next weekend with another exciting episode of StartupNation Radio! Stay tuned.
Do you have a great entrepreneurial success story to share? Tell us your story here and you could be featured on an upcoming episode of StartupNation Radio.
The post 3 Detroit Entrepreneurs Share Keys to Success on StartupNation Radio appeared first on StartupNation.