This post originally appeared on startupnation.com/start-your-business
This episode of StartupNation Radio is brought to you by Pappas Financial
On today’s episode of StartupNation Radio, Jeff is joined by frequent co-host, Norm Pappas, president and CEO of Pappas Financial. Together, they interview Ron Lisch and Paul Deters.
StartupNation exclusive discounts and savings on Dell products and accessories: Learn more here
First up, the two chat with Lisch, CEO and owner of Coretek Services, an industry-leading IT professional services and consulting firm.
Earlier this week, Coretek received the 2020 Microsoft U.S. Partner Award in advisory services.
During the show, Lisch discusses:
- How he went from three employees to 100
- How he’s built a company culture based on attracting and retaining the right people
- How and when he decided to start his own business (and what aspiring entrepreneurs can learn from how he took this leap)
- How the coronavirus has impacted his business
- Examples of the services Coretek provides that companies can use to enable their remote workforce
- What drives him to go to work every day
Listen to the interview below:
Next up, Jeff and Norm interview Paul Deters, owner of his family business, Metro Signs, a full-service custom sign company that he and his father purchased 25 years ago.
During the show, Deters shares:
- How he and his father purchased the business from a broker, and why they chose Metro Signs
- The criteria he and his father established when looking for a business to purchase
- How he succeeded breaking into a business he had no prior experience in
- The importance of a great customer base and excellent customer service
- Some of the local, Detroit brands his company has made signs for
- How Metro Signs differentiates itself from the competition
Tune in to the interview below:
We’ll be back next Saturday with an all-new edition of StartupNation Radio!
In addition to weekly StartupNation Radio programming, tune in to News/Talk 760 AM WJR weekday mornings at 7:11 a.m. for the WJR Business Beat. Listeners outside of the Detroit area can listen live HERE.
The post Build it or Buy It: StartupNation Radio feat. Coretek Services and Metro Signs appeared first on StartupNation.